Please find all info on the Wells trip posted here. If there’s anything I’ve forgotten drop me an email.
Music to download
The weekend’s music is listed below in service order (by request of the lovely Claire). Anything that is linked please download, print and bring.
- All services:
- Grier Responses (recording available below – recommended ;)
- Psalms for Wells weekend 2011
- Saturday evensong
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in A – Naylor (FINAL)
- Hail Gladdening Light (also available via http://cpdl.org/ but not necessary to print it)
- Howells Te Deum & Jubilate
- Teach Me O Lord – Attwood
- Sunday evensong
- Edgar Day in B flat
- And I Saw a New Heaven (Bainton)
Please navigate to this password protected page for recordings of the music list. The password was supplied by email.
We are robing and/or wearing academic gowns (with all black underneath). If you have none of these we will try to supply spares – bring all black outfit if in doubt.
Not compulsory but you may find all your print-outs easier to sing from in ring binders.
Rehearsals & service timings
- Arrive at the Gothic Church any time from 7pm to settle in and for a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Directions below.
- 8pm — or as soon as we are quorate — rehearsal at Gothic Church for c.1 hour
- Followed by pub and takeaways =)
- 10.30 for 10.45 — rehearsal in Cathedral Song School.
- Lunch at 1ish
- 2.30pm rehearsal in Song School
- 4pm rehearsal in stalls
- 5.15pm Evensong
- 6pm Eucharist walk-through (10 mins max!) tbc
- Pub and then back to Gothic Church for evening meal (optional — see below)
- 8.45/9am rehearsal in stalls TBC
- 9.45 Eucharist
- Followed by tea/coffee then short rehearsal in song school, 11.10
- 11.30 Mattins
- 12.15-1.30 Lunch
- 1.30 Song school
- 2pm Rehearsal in stalls
- 3pm Evensong
- Followed by drinks at The Swan by Claire’s request!
- And curry in Bristol by Tim’s request
12 of us are staying at the Gothic Church, with a few others elsewhere. If in any doubt about this, please contact Ian.
Stop Press — I completely neglected to mention (mainly because I didn’t realise until now) that there’s a HOT TUB!!! So bring your togs and a spare towel if you want to use it.
Dinner plans for Saturday
More info to come from Emily. In short, you are all invited to a gargantuan banquet in the Gothic Church. The plan will be chip in for cost of dinner, bring a bottle, enjoy the plush surroundings, spend half the cash of eating out. Plan?
You can rest assured I’ve got this covered. It’s always nice on CanLit weekends!